The First ARTC art contest!
ARTC is well known for its adaptations of H. P. Lovecraft's classic horror. With adaptations of At the Mountains of Madness, The Dunwich Horror, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, and The Rats in the Walls in our CD collection and The Colour Out of Space in our live production catalog we thought we'd return to one of our earliest adaptations, The Call of C'thulhu. Originally adapted by Gerald W. Page and performed at the first Dragon*Con in 1987, the script has, unfortunately, been lost. Ron N. Butler, creator of Rory Rammer and adapter of The Colour Out of Space, among other outstanding new audio dramas, has agreed to do a brand new adaptation for us, which we will present as part of our 25th Anniversary celebration at Dragon*Con 2009.
We'd like for YOU to create the promotional poster and, eventually, CD cover art for this project. Here are the specifics:
- Artwork should be portrait style, 3.75" x 7.5" with a "live" area of 3.25" x 7".
- Submissions should be in jpg, gif, or png format, emailed to art [AT] artc [DOT] org. Questions may be sent here as well.
- Submissions should depict your vision of the short story The Call of C'thulhu by H. P. Lovecraft and must be your original work. We'll fill in our logo, name, and showtimes afterwards.
- Once a winner has been selected, a final version should be provided as a high-res Photoshop (psd) or TIF file of at least 300dpi.
- One winner will receive the entire H. P. Lovecraft ARTC CD collection as well as a copy of the new Rory Rammer, Space Marshal CD.
- Three runners-up will receive a copy of the new Rory Rammer, Space Marshal CD.
- Artwork will be properly credited, but becomes the property of the Atlanta Radio Theatre Company.
- Submission deadline: June 7, 2009
Please repost this far and wide!